Shetland is on longitude 01ºW of Greenwich and straddles latitude 60ºN, 598 miles (962km) north of London and just 400 miles (643km) south of the Arctic Circle. This is as far north as St Petersburg, Russia, or Anchorage, Alaska.
We're open for business
We are delighted to say that, following the latest government announcement on the easing of lockdown restrictions, we are open for business and ready to assist you with selling your home or finding the perfect new one.
And from Monday, 29 June, you will also be able to visit our offices by appointment, view potential homes and even move home.
To mark this, and to help get Shetland moving, we've launched a great new range of Fixed fee estate agency packages from £995*.
Your fixed fee package includes:
- No hidden costs or surprises – we will not charge commission
- Listings on Rightmove, Zoopla and PrimeLocation
- Exceptional digital marketing – including social, signage and photography
- Friendly, local experts driven to get the very best price for your home
- A tailored accompanied viewing package is available to suit requirements
* Fixed fees available where you instruct Harper Macleod to carry out the conveyancing for your property. Applies to residential house sales only. Fixed fees are: £995 for properties up to £200,000; £1495 for properties £200,000 - £300,000; £1750 for properties over £300,000. Prices include VAT.
To get in touch please click here.
We are the leading Estate Agency and Solicitors in Shetland, as well as being one of Scotland's top law firms. At Harper Macleod, we'll treat your home like our own.
We are the only people you'll need to make selling or buying your home a reality, and will be on your side from the day you put your home up for sale until everything is complete. You can put your feet up … and we'll do the rest.
We know the local market, because we're at the heart of it. And we're a different kind of estate agency – one that's with you for life.
All of our offices and staff will be following the latest guidance from the Scottish Government and will be able to advise you on the steps you need to take in order to minimise risk in the current situation.Learn more
A full range of advice for you, your family and your business. Harper Macleod has been providing a comprehensive legal service in Shetland for over 30 years. For professional, independent & local advice, contact our office on Church Road in the centre of town.
To find out more about our full range of personal and commercial legal services, visit the Harper Macleod website.
Shetland is a small community, but it’s diverse, open and welcoming. The environment is one of the rarest and richest in Europe and there’s an amazingly vibrant social, artistic and music scene.
Again thank you for your assistance so far, I couldn’t have asked for better giving the country wide situation so I’m very grateful for works done so far and the speed at which it has happened.